The YMCA of Saskatoon is always open to accepting the generous offer of your time!
We have volunteers who work on administrative duties like organizing and filing, some who like to get their hands a little dirty helping with facilities and grounds, and others who like the chance to work with our members.
Let's talk about your particular situation and availability, and where you can lend a hand. Please contact us at email@example.com.
Member Services Coordinator
Sales and Customer Service
Reporting to the Member Experience Director, the Member Services Co-Ordinator is responsible for following our membership growth initiative and all aspects of membership for the organization including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of assigned staff.
This is a full-time (40 hours/week) 1 year term, benefited position Monday -Friday (11-7:30 pm shift with flexibility around evenings/weekends when required)
Wage: 14.20 hour (with review in 6 months of position)
* Hire, train, mentor, motivate and develop (all member services) staff to create a sales-oriented team that is focused on the delivery of exceptional customer service.
* Implement membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members.
* Set weekly and monthly membership targets and growth initiatives.
* Create a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
* Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
* Motivates and retains a committed team passionate about the YMCA’s mission and service to members.
* Completes all job related, supervisory and other trainings as required.
* Supports the commitment of the YMCA Child Protection.
* Evaluate staff performance, develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
* Promote program and membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
* Ensures proper implementation of Member Services procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff.
* Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
* Facilitates and/or participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
* Motivates and energizes the Membership Staff to be Cause-driven Leaders. Leads by example. Organizes trainings including but not limited to sales and customer service.
* Sell, promote and market our brand
* Ensure duties, responsibilities, accountabilities and standards for acceptable performance are clearly communicated, defined, understood and performed by member services staff.
* Provide leadership skills through outstanding people management.
* Plan, assign and direct staff work.
* Implement business process improvements
* Participates in annual Strong Kids campaign.
* Strong sales experience
* Strong staff management and development skills
* Strong leadership skills
* High attention to detail
* Knowledge of O365, Excel, Word
* Knowledge of Mindbody an asset
* Knowledge of the YMCA values and Strong Kids
* Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
* Outgoing and friendly personality
* Excellent telephone skills
* Clear police record check with vulnerable sector
* CPR & First Aid (willing to train)
Please send cover letter and resume to Sheralee Teichroeb:
Lifeguard and Swimming Instructor
Why work for our Y?
The YMCA of Saskatoon aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. The YMCA provides employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our community. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
Nature & Scope:
The YMCA of Saskatoon provides a variety of health, fitness, recreation, and community programs to more than 2,500 members that represent the diversity of Saskatoon and its communities.
Please send cover letter, resume, and three references to:Rebecca Newson Aquatics Supervisor YMCA of Saskatoon Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that only those selected will be contacted to arrange an interview.
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Criminal Record Check at the candidate’s expense.
Full Time Early Childhood Educator
The YMCA Child Development Centre - Downtown location
Seeking a professional, mature, energetic, responsible, and committed person to join our team in a full time Educator position. This location provides care for children aged 18 months to 6 years. Successful candidates will enjoy a full family membership to the YMCA Fit Centre including all registered classes, as well as a comprehensive benefits package after three-month probationary period.
CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO FACILITATE ENGLISH LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT.
Some duties include (but not limited to):
Skills and Abilities
Security and Safety
Early Childhood Education Skills
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com, faxed, or dropped off at our 22nd street location. Please include 3 references with your resume.