- Members must be 16 years or older to use Fit Centre.
- Youth between 14 - 15 years must have an orientation before they can use the fit centre machines with written parental & YMCA permission.
- Children 13 years and younger need to be approved by management in writing in order to gain access to the fitness centres.
- Proper attire must be worn while in program areas at all times. Indoor, closed-toe athletic shoes must be worn at all times during dry land programs and while in the fit centres. Shirts must be worn at all times while working out in the building.
- It is the expectation when using exercise machines, weights, mats, bars or any other piece of equipment that facility users will wipe them down after use, and return all equipment to its proper rack, room or storage location.
- We request that you do not use cell phones in change rooms, program areas and fitness classes.
There are five different locker rooms
Women's, Men's General, Family, Men's Plus & Access change rooms. Showers are available in all locker rooms along with day use lockers.
- The Men's Plus and Women's Only Locker Rooms are for adults 19 years of age and older.
- Parents changing their opposite gender children must use the Family locker room.
- Parents changing their same gender children older than 5 years must use the Men's, Female Youth or Family locker rooms.
- The Family Locker Room is for parents with young children.
- The Access locker room is for people with disabilities requiring the accessible shower and changing facility.
- Children are not permitted in the Men's Plus locker room.
- Locks are not for sale at the Front Desk but, you may borrow a lock for the day by providing photo I.D.
- If you have your own lock, please feel free to use it. We can not guarantee a lock will be available to borrow.
- If you borrow a YMCA lock and it is required to be cut off, a $10 fee will be charged.
- Any locks left on overnight will be removed and the contents of the locker will be kept for two weeks.
- Day lockers (which take quarters) are available near the member services desk for valuables.
- The YMCA is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
The YMCA of Saskatoon recognizes that changes in the way people communicate and share their stories with each other has made photography a common part of everyday life.
We also recognize that the advent of inexpensive, high-quality digital photography equipment has created a new, ubiquitous behaviour whereby many parents extensively document the lives of their children.Therefore, it is not inappropriate in the public spaces of our facility to use photography to celebrate successes, share special moments or encourage others to pursue healthy lifestyles.
However, if you do choose to use your smartphone, or any other camera, we ask that you show courtesy toward other users of the facility and exhibit discretion in what you capture in the scene.
Please limit your photos to your own activities, and make every effort to protect the privacy of others.
It remains forbidden to take photos or videos anywhere there is a reasonable expectation of privacy, including all YMCA change rooms, showers, steam rooms, saunas, family change rooms, bathrooms, etc. Contravention of this rule is grounds for immediate cancellation of your membership and prohibition from future use of the YMCA, and may result in further action by the Saskatoon Police Service.
The YMCA has a gymnasium for those who wish to practice their sport. Like all areas at the YMCA, when the gymnasium is not being used for scheduled programs, it is available for member's use on a first come, first serve basis.