We are building a community where everyone can reach their full potential; including you! Join the YMCA and become part of a global movement that:
- Values diversity.
- Sees the potential in everyone.
- Has been helping people grow in spirit, mind, and body for 175 years.
Help Build a Stronger Community and Better World:
This is the opportunity for you if you have a:
- Genuine desire to help others take the first steps towards lasting health.
- Welcoming spirit and are ready to invite people to join the YMCA.
- A positive outlook that contributes to a YMCA community that people want to keep coming back to.
- Willingness to learn about the YMCA standards of service and to deliver exceptional YMCA member experiences.
- Availability to work flexible hours including evenings, opening shifts, and/or weekends.
- The fundamental belief that it takes a team effort to put YMCA members at the centre of all we do.
Just Some of the Benefits of Working at the YMCA…
- Comprehensive and ongoing training.
- Free YMCA membership.
- Employee discounts on YMCA services.
- Tuition and bursary support programs.
- Opportunities for national and international travel.
- Great long term and upward career opportunities.
- Flexible work schedules.
- Medical, dental, and pension benefits (based on #hrs)
The YMCA’s Commitment to Trust and Safety:
As part of a trusted charitable organization, you can expect to receive excellent service and safety training throughout your YMCA career. As the first step in your journey, you will be required to:
- Provide a current Standard First Aid, CPR-C, & AED certificate (or willingness to complete prior to starting work)
- A current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check / Vulnerable Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
- Results-oriented, customer service, and sales experience or a combination of education and experience.
- Provide 3 professional references
Position Title: S.A.M. Membership Sales Team Member – YMCA of Saskatoon
Position Type: Permanent Part-Time
Hours: 5.5 -24 hours per week (depending on scheduling)
Shifts: Weekends opening, some evenings (Must be available weekends starting at 6:45 am)
Salary: Hourly; $11.40/hour
Start Date: ASAP
Incomplete applications will not be acknowledged
Application deadline: Ongoing
Reporting to the Marketing/Community/Sales Director, this part-time position assists in all aspects of membership for the organization including recruitment of new members, retention of existing members and supervision of assigned staff. Assists in the development of plans and implementation of new procedures and methods to achieve membership growth and retention goals.
This is a part-time position; various hours/days (flexible to switch shifts when needed).
- Train, motivate and retains a committed team passionate about the YMCA’s mission and service to members.
- Completes all job related, supervisory and other training as required.
- Greeting all guests as they enter the facility and adhere to sign-in/out, guest, visitor, monitoring youth in the facility and other relevant policies and procedures. Report any suspicious behaviour and violations of policy and procedures to your supervisor.
- Train, mentor, motivate and develop staff to create a sales-oriented team that is focused on the delivery of exceptional customer service
- Implements membership strategies that support the recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models’ relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions.
- Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Participates in achieving monthly sales goals.
- Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff.
- Participates in membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA.
- Participates in annual Strong Kids campaign.
- Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
- Motivates and energizes the Membership Staff to be Cause-driven Leaders. Leads by example. Co-facilitate training including but not limited to sales and customer service.
- Helps Membership Staff to understand the YMCA’s mission.
- Must be flexible and adaptable.
- Sell, promote and market our brand
- Ensure duties, responsibilities, accountabilities and standards for acceptable performance are clearly communicated, defined, understood and performed by all direct reports
- Provide leadership skills through outstanding people management
- Plan, assign and direct staff work
- Develop tools to assist member services staff
- Other duties assigned by member experience director as needed
- Duties subject to change
Competencies Service Orientation:
- Deliberately identifies and creates opportunities to enhance each and every person’s YMCA experience
- Communication: Communicates in a thorough, clear, timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievement across the Association
- Problem Solving: Identifies an issue, gathers and process relevant information, coming up with possible solutions, selecting appropriate responses and implementing them
- Teamwork: Participates actively in a team for organizational effectiveness Initiative: Does the right thing at the right time without being asked
- Reliable: On time for all shifts and ready to work when called upon