The Saskatoon Early Years Family Resource Centre (SEYFRC) offers programs, services and resources for all families with young children, prenatal to age five. The SEYFRC aims to provide families with positive early learning experiences as well as opportunities to connect, grow and learn together in an inviting, safe and supportive setting.
The SEYFRC is hiring an Early Childhood Educator/Facilitator.
Purpose of the job: The educator/facilitator will be responsible for welcoming families into the centre, delivering meaningful programming & activities, and assisting in the centre's day-to-day operations. This position requires flexibility, creativity and the ability to take initiative.
The SEYFRC is an advocate for equity and is committed to ensuring representation in its community. The centre values diversity amongst its staff.
Job duties will include:
- Facilitating child-focused programs both in-person & virtually.
- Coordinating and facilitating drop-in playtime.
- Administrative tasks.
- Fostering a physical environment that supports learning and exploration.
Required skills and competencies:
- Early Childhood Education certificate/diploma.
- Ability to facilitate positive guardian-child interactions.
- Ability to be flexible and creative to meet the needs of families accessing the centre.
- Works well collaboratively as part of a team.
- Critical thinking skills a driver's license is required for this position.
- Music and/or languages in addition to English are an asset.
Full-Time (37.5 hrs/week)- must be available some evenings and weekends.
$16.00- $18.00 per hour depending on experience.
Position Duration: September 1, 2021- August 31, 2022 (with potential for extension)