Get motivated and try something new! Our drop in fitness classes are free for all members, so come down and try one out!
Drop In Schedule
Plan your week of fitness fun! Check out the schedule for drop in classes or download our app to take our schedule with you wherever you go.View
Not all classes are available at all times, instead, they operate on a sessions rotation. Check our Calendar for up to date information.
- Aquafit - An energetic, low impact class that uses the water's resistance to increase muscular strength while maximizing your cardiovascular system.
- AquaCircut - A circut workout in the pool using the resistance of water for a complete cardio and muscle workout.
- Barre - Barre is a fun, energetic, high-intensity workout that fuses techniques from Dance, Pilates, boot camp, HIIT style workouts and Yoga that will tone, define and chisel the whole body. It is the perfect combination of strength and flexibility with an added cardiovascular element utilizing the barre, bands, balls and plyometrics.
- Bellyfit for Women is devoted to moving women in a way that is strong, sexy and sacred. Intelligently designed by women, for wwomen, Bellfit classes offer a full body, full of spirit, extraordinary exercise experience inspired by dance, fitness and Yoga.
- Chair Fitness is great for those who need to sit, exercise and get fit. Lively music, bands, weights and drumsticks too! Variety is key. Geared to beginners or limited mobility. Who says sitting can't be active?
- Forever...in motion is a physical activity program for older adults (50+) supported throught the Saskatchewan Health Authority. The mission of Forever...in motion is to improve and/or maintain the health of older adults living in the community through phyical activity and education.
- Y-Fit Strength - This class will give fast results for strength, endurance and muscle toning by challenging both the muscular and cardiovascular systems with dynamic, total body movements.
- Y-Fit Circuit - High-intensity cardio, strength, core and flexibility training all in one.
- Y-Fit Bootcamp - Get a great full body work out over the noon hour, along with cardio components.
- Y-Fit Kettlebells - Using ballistic and swinging motions, a kettlebell workout will improve cardiovascular, strength, and flexibility. Movements in-corporate multiple muscles simultaneously and are repeated ensuring a full body workout! *Caution advised for those with back and shoulder problems
- Y-Cycle & Y-Cycle Express - Cardiovascular interval exercise designed to provide you with the optimum in fat burning and strength building. Express is a 30-minute class
- Y-Functional Strength Class - Take advantage of the Functional Fitness area on Thursday evenings to strengthen your core and muscle groups in a fun group workout!
- SYNRGY360 - Unique class incorporating the SYNRGY360 functional fitness equipment hub, at a medium to high intensity. Participants rotate through the stations of the apparatus. You find this class challenging and anything but boring, as you focus on cardio, strength, endurance, and agility.
- Y-BARRE - Uses ballet barre, weighted balls, resistance bands and other equipment to provide a full body stretch and strength workout. Focuses on form and precision while performing isometric movements and emphasizing basic alignment. Suitable for various ages and abilities. Absolutely no dance background is required!
- Beginner Yoga - A gentle introduction to yoga, designed as a low-stress learning experience that will get you ready to continue your journey in yoga.
- Yin Yoga - This class targets the connective tissues, bones and joints of the body and is suitable for almost all levels of participants. A great start to your Tuesday morning!
- Y- Yoga (Flow) - Flow yoga is a style of yoga where the practitioner moves gracefully from one pose to the next. The flowing movements may be combined with some longer holds of certain postures.
- Y-ABF (Aqua Board Fitness) - ABF challenges your typical workout routine in a new and unique way to improve balance, posture, and overall strength. Y-ABF Yoga improves your balance and flexibility. Y-ABF Conditioning pushes your body to its maximum fitness limit.
- POUND® - Designed for all fitness levels, POUND® provides the perfect atmosphere for letting loose, getting energized, toning up and rockin' out! The workout is easily modified!
- STRONG by Zumba® - This is a revolutionary high-intensity workout led by music to motivate you to crush your ultimate fitness goals.
- STRONG 30® - This is a revolutionary high-intensity workout led by music to motivate you to crush your ultimate fitness goals but in only 30 minutes!
- PiYo Live® - Combines the muscle-sculpting, core strengthening benefits of Pilates®, with the strength and flexibility of Flow Yoga movements. You'll perform a series of high-intensity, low impact moves for a long, lean and defined physique.
- Zumba Toning® - Perfect for those who want to party, but put extra emphasis on toning and sculpting to define those muscles! The use of Zumba Toning Sticks or light weights enhances your sense of rhythm and coordination while toning arms, core and lower body.
- Zumba Step® This class combines the awesome toning and strengthening power of Step aerobics, with the fun fitness-party that only Zumba® brings to the dance-floor.
Swimming and Aquatics
Swimming for Kids
Swimming Progress Cards
Swimming for Adults
The YMCA Active Adult Swim Program is designed for adult learners ages 14+. Lessons are 45 minutes long and cover a variety of skills, depending on your current ability. Please let our staff know your ability and comfort level prior to the start of your lessons.
The program is divided into 3 levels
- Learn to swim skills - learn the basics of swimming and water self rescue. For learners who are afraid to swim.
- Swimming skills - learn to perfect swim strokes for recreational swimmers or just feel comfortable swimming lengths in the pool. For learners with some swim ability.
- Swimming for Health - Learn the benefits of swimming as exercise and develop workout plans with your instructor. This class is designed to give adult learners the option to design their own goals with the help of a qualified instructor.
ACHIEVE YOUR TRAINING GOALS
Have you reached a point where progress and advancement in your exercise routine has slowed down, or come to a stop? Or perhaps you're feeling less motivated to work out, or simply aren't sure what to do to spur new results...
Our experienced YMCA personal trainers can guide you, and provide you with sound knowledge, technique, and program feedback to help you achieve your training goals.
Personal training sessions can cover:
- Weight loss
- Rehabilitation from injury
- Sport-specific and athletic training
- Mass & strength building
- Cardio/endurance training
- General programming
All sessions are one hour. Please note that GST applies to all personal training rates. Want to learn more about personal training can do for you?
This package is perfect if you want assistance with exercise choices, technique, and proper workout programming, but don't necessarily need a personal trainer. This option allows you to push yourself, constantly make progress, and check back in with your trainer every 6-8 weeks, for program adjustments and progressions.
This option is excellent for all ages and fitness levels, and provides a fun and exciting atmosphere, designed to teach you proper technique, exercise programming, and supply extra coaching and motivation. Whether you choose one-on-one, or group training, we have flexible package options to suit your needs.
Group Training 2 - 4 People
Want to do group workouts? Workout with friends, co workers, or significant others, and make progress together!
All rates are listed per session *minimum sign-up of 4 sessions.
Special team and corporate rates are available.
Children & Youth Programs
Not all classes are available at all times, instead, they operate on a sessions rotation. Check our seasonal program brochure for current program offering
Programs noted with * have additional cost.
- Arts & Crafts Jr. - Explore and discover your artistic self! This class offers a variety of crafts to enjoy. No previous experience is required, simply a desire to learn, socialize and have fun.
- Arts & Crafts Sr. - Give free rein to your artistic creativity while enjoying a visit with other great kids! We will explore all sorts of crafts and encourage self-expression.
- *Baby Sitter’s Club - Babysitting course covers everything from managing difficult behaviours to essential content on leadership and professional conduct as a babysitter. Babysitting promises to deepen and enhance the responsibility that older youth feel when caring for younger children.
- Child & Youth Yoga - Yoga helps build core and muscle strength, flexibility, and discipline, and it is also a great resource for calming and distressing yourself. Introduce your children to the benefits of yoga in a fun and supportive environment.
- Family Spy Training - Train to become a super spy! You will be challenged and learn all the moves to save the world from evil! Your kids will learn some fundamental movement skills, as well as improve their physical literacy through mazes, obstacle courses, and games.
- Generation POUND® - Generation POUND® is a youth oriented program that fuses movement and music to improve physical fitness, athletic skill, self-awareness, confidence, and more!
- Homework Club - Does your child need some extra time to complete their homework? This program is for them! Our Homework Club Leaders are either teachers or are in school to become one, so they can assist your child with their math, science, spelling, and any other classes! This is a Drop in program, and space is limited.
- Kickers Soccer 2-4 years - Need an activity for your 2-4 year olds? We have just the thing! This soccer program introduces your child to the FUNdamentals of soccer as well as important concepts like cooperation, sharing, and team work!
- Kickers Soccer 5-12 years - Kids will learn their FUNdamantals of soccer, will develop and improve new and existing skills, while developing their teamwork and leadership skills.
- *Leader Programs/LIT 8-10 years - The Leaders in Training (LIT) Program is designed to teach introductory leadership skills by focusing on effective teamwork and group building. LIT program also focuses on healthy lifestyles, building positive relationships and encourages to be active leaders in our community.
- *Leader Programs/JR Leaders 11-13 years- The Junior Leaders Program is designed to provide participants opportunity to become more autonomous decision makers in our community. In addition to team building and group activities, our Junior Leaders focus on community engagements, such as supporting special events held at the YMCA of Saskatoon. Our Junior Leaders will have the opportunity to work closely with the Leader Corp participants, whom will act as mentors for the youths.
- *Leader Programs/Leader Corp 14-17 years- The Leaders Corp program enhances youth leadership skills through community involvement, active team engagement, mentorship opportunities and group activities. Our Leaders Corp participants will play an active role in community events, campaigns and fundraisers. Participants will gain hands on work experience by running children and family events at the YMCA. Our participants also have an opportunity to attend and participate at the Annual Leadership Conference.
- Skills Lab - Skill Lab uses a blended learning approach to teach movement and sport skills. Each week the kids will learn about a new sport and be able to develop their skills at their own pace each week!
- STEM Class - STEM stands for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. A STEM project incorporates those four learning areas. The class follows an inquiry approach where there is a problem to solve, kids draw a design to solve it, create the design, and then test and edit the creation.
- Zumba® Kids - This Zumba inspired class combined with interactive games will teach your children rhythm and choreography while keeping them moving the entire class.
BASC & Childcare
If your child is registered in the Full Time plan with the Before and After School Care program, your child also receives a complimentary membership at the YMCA.
This means that your child can register in two programs and swimming lessons a session and attend unlimited drop in programs at no extra charge. Programs include swimming lessons, martial arts classes, and more. Registration is as easy as a phone call to the YMCA at 306-652-7515. ext 0
Before and After School
The Before and After School Care Program (BASC) offers a safe, fun, and stimulating environment for young people ages 5 - 12. Providing care before and after school on site, the program supports the learning goals of the school community while enabling parents and caregivers to pursue their employment or study commitments with peace of mind.
Our friendly, professional, and experienced program leaders engage children in a variety of age-appropriate, fun, and stimulating activities designed specifically to enhance the cognitive, social, physical, and emotional development of children. Through the implementation of these activities, YMCA core values of caring, acceptance, honesty, respect, fairness, and responsibility are reinforced.
The YMCA offers simple plans that allow for flexibility, ease of use, and consistency for parents and caregivers, as well as a specific plan for kindergarten schedules.
Schools Out Day Camps 2019-2020 Session Dates are October 11, November 8, December 23, 24*,27, 30, 31*, January 2, 3, 27, February 18-21, March 9, April 13-17 (CANCELLED), May 15, June 5, 26, 29, 30
*Short Days 7:30 am - 4 pm
*Short Days 7:30 am - 4 pm
2019-20 Registration Package
*requires you to phone with your payment information after enrolment confirmation email received. Your child is NOT registered until we have received the payment information.
Galina Braun - BASC Administration and Billing
Phone: 306-652-7515 ext 251
For Program Information and inquiries:
Ashlee Bloder - Director of BASC
By phone: 306-652-7515 ext. 242
The YMCA of Saskatoon believes in access and equal opportunities for all. That's why we offer financial assistance that help children and families access YMCA programs they are unable to afford on their own.
We firmly believe finances should not be a barrier to quality programs.
Application is easy, forms are available with registration forms and on display at the front desk of the YMCA downtown. All applications and inquiries are treated with the strictest confidence to ensure your privacy.
play, learn & grow.
YMCA of Saskatoon provides childcare spaces in Saskatoon and Martensville for kids to play, learn and grow in a healthy, supportive environment. We focus on Playing to Learn, a curriculum developed by YMCA Canada that focuses on holistic development by encouraging child-centred, interest-based free play and exploration.
For more information on the Playing to Learn Curriculum, visit our FAQ page.
Childcare Centre Services
- Nutritious meals and snacks
- Professional staff that ware certified Early Childhood Educators
- Trained staff in early childhood development
- Trained staff in CPR and First Aid
- Staff follow the YMCA "Playing to Learn" program and the Saskatchewan Ministry of Early Learning "Play and Exploration" program planning.
- Natural, shady and fenced outdoor play areas
- Programs that develop the child's spirit, mind, and body
- FREE YMCA memberships for children enrolled in the child development centres
- Access to government subsidy and early childhood professionals
Start by contacting your preferred centre. Some age groups have lengthy waiting lists, and by knowing your childcare needs in terms of times of day you require care and the ages of your children, we can do our best to ensure you can access childcare as soon as possible.
Licensed childcare may give you the opportunity, depending on your gross monthly income, to receive subsidy for your child's care.
To find out if you may qualify for subsidy, call 1-800-667-7155
Be prepared to provide the assessor with your average gross family income, and the total childcare fees that you will be expected to pay to the childcare facility.
Parent Advisory Committee
What is a Parent Advisory Committee??
Parent Advisory Committees (PAC's) are required by the Child Care Act, 2014. The purpose of the PAC is to ensure that parents of children attending the centre have the opportunity to ask questions, express concerns and share suggestions with the board governing the child care centre.
Why is a PAC important?
Parent involvement is an important feature of a centre-based child care. Parents have a primary role in ensuring the well-being and positive developmental experiences of thier children.
Providing an advisory role in centre-decisions-making processes will ensure that parent's perspectives are considered in how the child care centre operates.
How can a PAC Support a child care centre and board?
A PAC provides a voice for parents by making recommendations, and bringing forward concerns and ideas on behalf of parents. This support can be provided through various ways, such as: providing input on changes to the centres policies and proceedures; planning, organizing and assisting with excurisions and fundraisers and organizing family event like pot lucks, family movie nights,etc..
When do we meet?
We meet once every two months, for one hour (4:30-5:30 pm) and child care is provided.
For more information
on the PAC committee at your Child Care Centre, please see your
Childcare Centre Locations
YMCA Downtown Child Development Centre
25 22nd St E, Saskatoon, S7M1W5
Tel: 306-652-7515, ext. 232
YMCA Child Development Centre Martensville
1451 Parr Hill Drive,Martensville, SK S0K 2T15
YMCA Child Development Centre Sutherland
300 112 St, Saskatoon, SK S7N 1V4
YMCA Child Development Centre Fairhaven
309 Fairmont Dr, Saskatoon, SK S7M 5G7
The YMCA of Saskatoon is an enthusiastic participant in the Saskatoon Early Years Partnership -- a leadership team of Early Years, Parenting and Community Professionals dedicated to the investment in children, our future.
It's strategic aim is that by 2018, 82% of Saskatoon and Region children in kindergarten will score 'ready' for the transition to school AND by 2020, 90% of Saskatoon and Region children will score ready for transition to school.
The three areas of focus are:
- parenting supports and education;
- mental health and well-being of children and their families;
- quality, universal, affordable, developmentally and culturally appropriate childcare.